- Please only submit 5 submission per submitter. This means you can submit up to 5 total works. Either in one document or in 5 separate ones
- We DO NOT accept work that has been previously published in print or online. However, if you published it on Facebook or a blog that's perfectly fine.
- Simultaneous submissions are cool with us. Just let us know if your work has been published elsewhere.
- At the moment, we can not pay
and can not offer print versions of our contributor copies but hope to get to this soon. What we
offer in return is a 30% discount to contributors on all
our issues and a PDF contributor copy.
- We DO NOT accept submissions via the mail.
- DO NOT write your name or contact info on documents. We would like to keep everything blind from our editors.
- Submit a short 3rd bio person no longer than 100 words. Tell us all about you or not. Whatever you want to include is fine. If you don't write it in 3rd person we will re-write it for you.
- Five:2:ONE asks that any reprints give first publication credit. FIVE:2:ONE holds First Serial rights and First North American Serial Rights
- When you submit your works, please note that all work must be final and checked for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Minor grammatical and spelling edits may be needed. If they are you will be notified.
- Our response rate can be anywhere between 1 hr and 3 months. depending on the how many submissions we are getting. If we do not get back to you after 3 months, please use our Contact Us form, it's the best way to get a hold of us.
- Sometimes we like to load up on the submissions this means we might email you about being in a future issue of FIVE:2:ONE if we can't fit you in our current one.
*We will not accept any works that are racist, sexist or works that bash people's sexual orientation*
WE TAKE SUBMISSIONS YEAR ROUND
Thank you for your Tip and shine on you crazy diamond !We understand that reading fees blow big ol chunks! So, obviously this isn't a reading fee, buuuuuut we'd like to think of this as an extra "here you go" to keep us going. Alright then listen up, because we have decided to make one slot for the tip jar for all categories we ask that you please let us know which platform your submission is for(#thesideshow or F2Oprint) in your cover letter as well as which category it fits in!
Here are some things to know before your submit in this here tip jar
- there is no difference between the regular submissions and the tip jar submissions when we read them
- Follow the general guidelines or your submission will still not be read under any circumstance.
This is for our quarterly print publications
- send no more than 5 experimental, conceptual, visual, erasure, flarf and of course "normie" poems
- include full name and any relevant social media
- include author bio
We are fans of poetry that bends rules, takes chances and is experimental in more ways than one. We like poetry that gives us the feels, too! We want to laugh. Want to cry. We want to cheer. We want to be blown away. Strong, unexpected images are our favorite. We want international poems and poets! We want marginalized voices! If there's something in your poems you think we've never seen before, submit it. If your poems contain subjects we may have never read before, submit it. If your poetry is considered bizarre, exprimental, conceptual, visual, erasure, or strange, submit it. ..Okay, so if you got a "normie", submit it too! We like those fuckers! We like it all!
Be sure to follow the general guidelines or your submission will not be read and will automatically be rejected
This is for our quarterly print issues
- Send up to 5 pieces of experimental or "normie" fiction
- 1,000 4,000 words
- include full name and any relevant social media
- include artist bio
We like fiction with a kick: experimental, surreal, bizzaro, hybrid, stream of consciousness, and non-linear stories. We want international fiction, stories from all over the world. We like unique voices and tales that are seldom told. Write about bizarre characters and settings? Yeah, submit that shit! Genre is definitely not an issue. We like all genres; in fact, we prefer genre bending fiction. What we really want are stories that are beyond the literary norm... but we also like those "normie" stories. We like stories that give us those many feels. We want to be wowed. Basically, what we're trying to say is, we like it all...
Please send only up to 3 short stories
We are also looking essays on books, movies and music to post on our website.
This is for our daily online publication #thesideshow. Send us up to 5 micropoems with 120 words in each poem. We take pretty much anything in this category but our favorites still are experimental or unique voices. Be sure to follow the General Guidelines or your submission will not be read.
We love the experimental. We love good images that bend and break the rule of poetry. Make your video poem a work of art!
This is for our daily online publication #thesideshow.
Send up to 5 Flash-fiction pieces for #thesideshow that are 1,000 words or less each.
We like quirky,bizarre,weird strange flash fiction stories. Send us flash fiction that gives us chills. We want your weirdo babies! Buuuut...we will also take a look at those that may be considered normal. We want flash fiction from across the globe!
Be sure to follow the general guidelines or your submission will not be read and will automatically be rejected.
We like comics, drawings, photography and paintings.
We will now start posting art in #thesideshow.
1. Please submit up to 5 JPGs of your artwork.
2. Photography, drawings, comics and paintings only please.
3. Submit all artwork in jpg format with at least 300 dpi.
Please send 5 72(we may ask you for 300 later) dpi images.